About Our Building
An early photo of the building shows the words “Brauns’s Hall 1884” spelled out in large block letters at the north cornice line. Carl Braun ran a hotel, saloon, and opera house here until the turn of the century. It was home to the Farmington Post Office by 1927. The post office moved to its current location in 1932, and Ozarks Federal Savings and Loan operated from this location from 1933 until 1970.